Samsung SmartThings

Antworten
Intrepidm

Sa 30. Jul 2016, 09:52

Is it possible to control the Light Manager with Samsung SmartThings hub?
jbmedia
Administrator

Sa 30. Jul 2016, 10:12

Why would someone like to do this?
Wir wünschen viel Spaß mit den Produkten und einen erfolgreichen Tag! Ihr jbmedia Team :)

Intrepidm

Sa 30. Jul 2016, 10:35

I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Smarthings hub and already use the Light Manager to control lighting and plugs. I can control this from my Harmony remote and app on my phone. The SmartThings hub can activate devices based on various sensors and so I would like to be able to activate lighting controlled by the Light Manager using sensors connected to SmartThings. It would also mean I wouldn't need IR line of sight from my harmony remote to my Light Manager if I could use SmartThings to send HTTP requests to the Light Manager (the harmony remote can connect to SmartThings).
jbmedia
Administrator

So 31. Jul 2016, 12:49

If you are talking about the Light-Manager Mini or Pro, this is not possible. These devices have no network interface.

With the Light-Manager Air this should be no problem. It can be controlled by HTTP requests, and it can control other devices by HTTP requests as well as additional network protocols (UDP, TCP, POST, GET, PUT). However, we don't offer Samsung Hub support by default, as it would be completely redundant. All stuff supported by the Hub can be done with the Light-Manager Air anyway, and most likely on a much more advanced level.
Wir wünschen viel Spaß mit den Produkten und einen erfolgreichen Tag! Ihr jbmedia Team :)

Antworten