Extender

Antworten
sparky

Fr 20. Apr 2018, 21:07

Hi all, I was wondering if there are (besides bying a second LM Air) out of the box working network (LAN or WLAN) extenders that are supported bij JB media in the extender tab of the LM Air setup, to have a cheaper way to extend the reach of the LM Air?

Kind regards,
Joost
LM Air, 20 aktuatoren, 8 sender, 3t-components weather sensor, 4x Sonnenschutz, 10x Rauchmelder, 3x RaspBerry Pi ... und mehr zu kommen...
Heiko

Fr 20. Apr 2018, 23:13

Hi sparky,

yes it is possible.

I did it over Lan / Wifi .

but on the other end you can only use wifi actors and comunicate over IP .

I found a solution wit a second wifi hotspot ( Fritzbox) inside my network and the cheap sonoff wifi switches.

The comunication to the LM Air works over the Lan /W Lan ip based.

But it is not plug and play ! In the Air Studio !
BG

Heiko
sparky

So 22. Apr 2018, 19:32

Thanks for your reply Heiko,
The thing is that I don't want to buy new actuators and the things most far away from the LM Air are Somfy screens (which are not wifi equiped)...

Now I found out that the location of my LM Air was likely part of the problem (near a PC, DECT phone and other electronics). I now placed it on another spot and it looks like it is working better (sometimes I had to touch the base part of the antenna to have signals of remotes received, sending was no problem).

That said, I remembered that I still have a raspberry Pi somewhere, so i could try to get a 433mhz transceiver and see how I could use that as an extender of the LM Air.

Kind regards,
Joost
LM Air, 20 aktuatoren, 8 sender, 3t-components weather sensor, 4x Sonnenschutz, 10x Rauchmelder, 3x RaspBerry Pi ... und mehr zu kommen...
Antworten