Weather sensors

Antworten
sparky

So 4. Mär 2018, 22:42

Dear,
In addition to the "Rain sensor" topic, I would like to know which weather sensors (of which manufacturers) are supported.
Since we just got Somfy electric (radio controlled) sunscreens, I want them to be controlled automaticaly by the LM Air, depending on weather conditions.
The sensors I have in mind to achieve this are:
- Brightness sensor (the amount of sunlight to make the screens unfold, or fold)
- Rain sensor (if rain is falling don't unfold, or fold if unfolded)
- Wind sensor (with too much wind don't unfold, or fold if unfolded)

It would also be nice if temperature triggers can be done by more then just inside- and outside temperature. This way the system can also fold and unfold the screens, depending on the temperature in the room (so when the sun is shining in winter, the screens don't unfold untill a maximum room temperature is reached).

Kind regards,

Joost
LM Air, 20 aktuatoren, 8 sender, 3t-components weather sensor, 4x Sonnenschutz, 10x Rauchmelder, 3x RaspBerry Pi ... und mehr zu kommen...
jbmedia
Administrator

Mo 5. Mär 2018, 13:42

It would also be nice if temperature triggers can be done by more then just inside- and outside temperature.
This is definitely on the list and will come relatively shortly. Then all temperature and humidity values can be used to trigger actions.

In the FAQ we have a list of all supported weather data sensors. Currently this is mainly Oregon Scientific and Bresser.

For measuring wind and sun there are models from Romotec available, even one which works fully autarkic:

https://www.ebay.de/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ ... r&_sacat=0

For rain we are not aware of a sensor at the moment, although it is likely that one of the supported brands offers one. Maybe some forum members can contribute a suggestion.
Wir wünschen viel Spaß mit den Produkten und einen erfolgreichen Tag! Ihr jbmedia Team :)

Simon

Mo 5. Mär 2018, 19:08

@JBMEDIA
Netatmo offers rain sensors... ;)
It's a good time to check the possibility to add Netatmo devices to JBMEDIA support (valves / thermostats / weather sensors).. :)
sparky

Mo 5. Mär 2018, 20:52

Thanks all for the reactions.
In the other topic, the FS20 SR rain sensor is noted. This rain sensor seems to send funk signals, so can it be used in LM Air like a regular RF sender to perform actions? And if so, where to buy? There is a light sensor as well, so that could be of use for the sunlight sensing.

I'll keep in searching and I will post the results (when I find something)/

Kind regards,

Joost
LM Air, 20 aktuatoren, 8 sender, 3t-components weather sensor, 4x Sonnenschutz, 10x Rauchmelder, 3x RaspBerry Pi ... und mehr zu kommen...
sparky

Sa 10. Mär 2018, 21:35

Okay, I found an interesting sensor for wind, rain and sun sensing. Can somebody from JB-Media give some feedback about the possibility to connect this device to the LM-Air?

Kind regards,

Joost
jbmedia
Administrator

Mo 12. Mär 2018, 17:07

As far as we know 3T components are compatible with Romotec, so this sensor should work. We haven't tested it by ourselves, so we can't give a guarantee. But as other 3T components like remote controls and receivers are supported, it is very likely.
Wir wünschen viel Spaß mit den Produkten und einen erfolgreichen Tag! Ihr jbmedia Team :)

sparky

So 8. Apr 2018, 13:35

The sensor is indeed working with the LM air! The software recognizes the sensor as Romotec. The sensor gives 2 types of signal: up and down. So when the sun is shining bright enough, the "down" signal is sent. When the sun is fading OR the wind reached it's threshold OR the rain sensor detects rain, the module sends the "up" signal.

So now the sunscreens are controlled by the weather.

There is one thing in the software that bothers me though (I made a workaround -> I gave active the color of inactive and vice versa, but I like to mention it anyway)... I matched markers with the Somfy motors in the configuration, but the markers are "active" when the sunscreens are in "UP" state and "inactive" when the sunscreens are in "DOWN" state. The up- and downswitches in the web interface are working just the right way, it's only the markers that are the wrong way round...

Also it would be nice if the "time before sun down" can be higher than 120 minutes. This because approximately 3 hours before sun down, the sun is not on the windows anymore, but the sun sensor still has the sun on it.

Kind regards

Joost
Antworten